Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 22:34:49 -0600
Hi Mike,

You’re right: SDR recordings could be used to detect padding of both logs and
audio files with phony QSOs.

Without crafting a how-to guide to cheating, I can think of a half-dozen OTHER
ways to submit a perfectly clean audio file despite significant amounts of
cheating, cheating that is otherwise also undetectable.

My point wasn’t to complain about recordings being in the rules, nor was it
about excusing anyone who ignores the rules, nor am I arguing to take it out of
the rules.

My point is it doesn’t appear the requirement for audio recordings is the
platinum-clad guarantee against cheating some hold it out to be.

There’s no logic to suggest that someone who cheats on power, on assistance, on
remote receiving sites or on non-radio means of arranging contacts or
confirming QSO details won’t also be tempted to cheat on the audio file.

73, kelly, ve4xt