Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 20:45:27 -0300
Hello Jim

I know you are very helpful. Anyway as other said, recording have many
issues, but that not mean that is impossible. I will check what can i do
with my cables and the K3 and will ask for setting advice

My point is about this rule, and all that will be added in the future. What
happen if I recorded the contest and after it, I listen to audio file and
is bad, por example a common problem, the connector that comes off very
easily from the back of K3 line out, so, not audio file.

If my radio or my antennas fail, I will notice it and will change antenna
or radio.

If audio fail?  what happened. I will not stop after the first 15 minutes
of the contest to start listening form my audio file to see if it´s OK. So
I will notice if after the end of the contest

Thats what I told in previous posts, I think is not something that we need
to do. And more knowing that it is not 100% sure that an audio file will
determine if you lied or not.

73,
Jorge

> Jorge,
>
> With all due respect, making a recording of a contest by feeding headphone
> audio to a computer or dedicated audio recorder is hardly "professional
> audio."  I've posted links to presentations and write-ups about simple ways
> to do it by hams who are NOT audio professionals. And as an audio
> professional myself, I've offered advice about very simple ways to do it.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
>
> On Mon,3/6/2017 10:13 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
>
>> sure, a great amateur contest station, not a profesional audio studio

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W