Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay

To: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:07:21 -0600
I thought that too, BUT then, if the "Chosen" are told what the equipment "WILL" be, then they have time to use it and get accustomed to it true?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 3/10/2017 1:53 PM, Ria Jairam wrote:
I always wondered that. My guess is that the competitors are accustomed to their particular radios and therefore throwing something completely unknown to them would be to their detriment while those who use the model similar to the competition radio daily would have an advantage, so it's not even really leveling the playing field...

Or it could just be a case of not wanting to spend money on radios. (A radio mfg could step up and sponsor, but that's still a lot of radios).

Ria
N2RJ