[CQ-Contest] Something New

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Something New
From: Jack Schuster <w1wef3@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:08:36 -0400
In the ARRL Phone contest I heard a very loud W1AVK working someone, and I
moved him up two to tell him I knew the original W1AVK (SK 1962). He was
thrilled to hear that, because the Lou Richmond was this guy's great uncle.
I told him I'll contact him after the contest.  I did that and told him
what I remembered about his uncle Lou. He owned a radio wholesale place in
Springfield, Ma, and as a kid doing a lot of homebrewing I bought parts
there occasionally.

I never ran into him before, but he lives in Vernon, a couple towns away
from me here in Ct. After exchanging a couple emails, and a look at my QRZ
page, he told me his XYL used to work for me!  It's a small world after
all, and I always felt that Ham radio makes it smaller yet.    JACK W1WEF