Re: [CQ-Contest] QSY

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSY
From: Helmut Mueller <helmut@photo42.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:28:59 +0100 (CET)
Hi guys.

Answer from PJ4G, why?

If I where them I could not care less about the "vocal majority" on a contest
reflector.

THEY exploited a difference in the rules between ARRL and CQWW and used it
perfectly to their advantage. 11.000 QSOs - 3000 above P2 - Outstanding effort.

Will ARRL close this gap, maybe? Do they have to change then? Yes. If ARRL
sticks with the rules we might see more stations capable of boosting their
score.

Another one of these: "OMG, this is the end of the world!" scenarios?  NO

There are plenty of contests around the year where this is a non issue.

73

Helmut