[CQ-Contest] mea culpa

To: Contest Internet <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] mea culpa
From: Martin Pelt <n4uu73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:38:12 -0400
 I want to apologize to the list for any comments that I may have offended.

I am extremely passionate for our sport. The technological advances and
operator skill advances keep this sport exciting.

I thought the attacks on PJ4G were unfair. Some may see them as exploiting
a loophole and others might see them as top competitors that read the rules
and  decided to push the envelope to win. If you follow the rules and do
everything to win is that being unsporting ?

The technological advances will always bring problems but they also create
opportunities. I applaud the people that put the time and energy to build
world class stations and then put the time and effort into advancing their
skills. I also the applaud the people that put time, money and energy into
building resources like the RBN.

Our sport has to have room for the boy and his radio crowd and the people
that are going to use every legal tool available to be highly competitive.

I do agree that the ARRL needs to address dual CQing in the same band on
phone.

I my opinion cheating is the one thing that we all agree is our biggest
problem. While I think it is a small percentage we all know that it exist.
Tools like the RBN and the capability for contest committees to record the
whole contest will go along way to solving the problem. But these tools are
not cheap and at this time the man power to use them effectively is a
finite resource at this time.  While I'm at it I would also encourage that
any station that want to finish in the top few places be required to use
real time scoreboards. Boy would that not make more exciting and push even
harder if you knew how your competition was doing.

I also think that next big step would be real time log checking. We are all
hooked to the internet why not ?

Of course my suggestions require more hardware and manpower and all of this
cost money. I will have supported the WRTC and will be sending a check to
the WWROF. I encourage all of you that have the resources and passion for
the sport to do likewise.

At this point I will crawl back into my hole. Hopefully I will have the
common sense to remain there.

73, Martin N4UU