Re: [CQ-Contest] mea culpa

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] mea culpa
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:23:03 -0500
There has to be room in contesting, and in the results, for everyone; from the
big super stations with dedicated fibre-to-the-home to the gal who has to
manually tune the tank circuit of her T4XC on band changes to the guy who
trudges through snow to fire up his solar-powered mountaintop QRP station.

I don’t believe not having a data line between rig and computer (to enter
frequency data) means an operator deserves to be a checklog only, nor does it
make sense to preclude those who, for a variety of sound technical reasons as
outlined by K9YC, do not have Internet — or at least reliable service — at the
shack.

These operators may not all be at the top of the results, but it doesn’t mean
they can’t be invited to the party.

After all, if it wasn’t for the thousands of little guys who don’t make Top 10,
just who would the Top 10 stations work? Each other?

73, kelly, ve4xt