Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Idea

To: "'Mark'" <markzl3ab@gmail.com>, "'CQ-Contest@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Idea
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 00:03:43 -0000
Hi Mark,

I spent a lot of time thinking about something like this when I was Director
of the CQWW.  I know there are a lot of DXers out there who operate the
contest just to chase countries.  Always wondered if there would be interest
in a "DXer" competition where the winner would have the highest total
countries + zones.  I balked on doing something because it seemed like the
top mults always went to the serious guys who made the most QSOs.  Never
found a good way to put the emphasis more on DX chasing.  Perhaps a combined
total for SSB and CW would help.

Didn't see much discussion on this, but wanted to add some support for the
idea.

Randy, K5ZD