[CQ-Contest] W5WMU SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W5WMU SK
From: Charles Morrison <cmorrison@lusfiber.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 14:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
Its with great sorrow that I have to announce to the contesting community that
Dr. Pat Sonnier, W5WMU became a silent key last night. I'm sure all of you have
worked Pat more times than I can count, in just about every contest. Recently
he'd been contesting as W1WMU from his station in Maine and sharing it with any
guests who wanted to make the trek. Regretfully, I never made the trip,
thinking that I'd have more time to do so. Now it appears as though that time
has passed. Pat was a great friend, and a mentor from the first time I saw that
antenna farm passing east down I-10 towards Baton Rouge. It took nearly an hour
weaving through back roads until I stumbled upon, what to a new ham could only
be described as a mecca of ham radio operating.

I will miss my friend very much, as I know a number of you will also. He was a
guarantee from LA and ME.

Arrangements are pending.

Thanks
Charlie