Re: [CQ-Contest] Request to publish all calls of stations found to be br

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Request to publish all calls of stations found to be breaking any rule in all contests
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:57:15 -0400
If someone does it repeatedly, they are very likely doing it deliberately,
for example. A one-off is probably an accident. Twice and more, not so
much.
Also, a low scorer with low hours, deliberate or not is harming no one.
They probably just submitted a log to help the contest organizers with
scoring and didn't even bother to properly check the category (I've done
that).

I just don't see the need for zero tolerance and excessive public
humiliation, where the contest isn't fun anymore and where we end up
driving away casual ops who just want to make a few QSOs and feel good
about that.

I do think high scrutiny should be placed on competitive stations, to the
point where we should have cloud based (or cloud connected) loggers and
electronic surveillance for serious (top 10 world and US) competitors.

Ria
N2RJ