Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Xenia Hamfest

To: "'cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Xenia Hamfest
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 21:16:39 -0400
I was told this morning that Friday evening, Hamvention people met with
people from the fairgrounds, sherrif's office, and the county commissioner's
office.  They made changes to how they were directing traffic in.

(Who told me?  I don't recall his name, but he was a sherrif's deputy
standing in line in front of us at Mickey Dee's this morning, he asked if we
were hams when he saw our shirts.  He was due to go on duty in about an hour
and was stopping for a bite on the way, and he was in a talkative mood.  You
think I'm going to be rude to a sherrif?)

K3AIR & I did take a different route in this morning -- we went up to the
Xenia High School, US 35 to US 68.  No traffic, no hassles, plenty of
parking.  I think the worst part was us to old f... Experienced hams trying
to squeeze onto a school bus!  Not even a 5 minute trip from the school to
the drop-off point, transfer to the shuttles, and at the main gate within
another 5.  Just about as fast coming back, as well.

We spoke with some friends who'd been caught in traffic on Friday, and the
word was that Saturday, the biggest wait was about 10 minutes.  No long line
of barely moving cars incoming.

So it would appear that the issue has been addressed and corrected.

73, ron w3wn