Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Xenia Hamfest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Xenia Hamfest
From: Glenn Petri <tgpetri@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 13:26:25 -0400
We arrived via a coach bus from Louisville on Saturday morning. Absolutely
NO traffic issue with us arriving just arriving after 0900 local. Straight
through town, directly into the bus parking, and then quickly on foot to
the front gate. I heard that the Friday traffic issue was resolved after
seeing that the initial plan did not work. No problems with traffic noted
on day two, showing a very responsive and attentive management team. A
minor growing pain issue and was quickly (and correctly) resolved.

Overall, I came away with a very positive view of the new venue. Yes, there
will be comments about ground conditions in the flea market area. To be
honest, I have been a regular attendee since 2007 and have never viewed the
flea market as something worthy to spend very much time. There seems to be
a very romantic view of flea markets of yesteryear, with most items now for
sale being junk or old public service/business radios being hawked for
ungodly prices.

With small tweaks here-n-there in the coming years the new venue will only
get better.

Glenn KE4KY