Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:23:40 -0400
The Station owner is responsible for the legal use of their station.  If I
were a station owner in the US allowing remote operation, I would make sure
the remote operator has a US license and stay on the defendable side of the
law until a specific direction from the FCC says otherwise.

I believe that some, if not all, of the companies in this business have this
requirement.  Personal examples should follow this guideline.

It would be helpful for the contest Directors to make the simple statement
on this one - popular - issue.  In the US, in order to operate a remote
station, you need to have a US license in order to comply with the rules.
Then amend it if the FCC comes out with different directive.

Ed  N1UR