Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation

To: W4AAW@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote operation
From: Martin Monsalvo - LU5DX <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 13:10:29 -0300
With all due respect Mike,

I don't think Paul's logging software is a third or fourth rate app.
I've used it several times when entering contests SO1R unassisted and it
performed flawlessly for that purpose.

Remote operations are here to stay, provided they are done fully observing the
rules that apply.

I can be right next to the rig, in the room next door or thousands of miles
away and the operation will be equally valid in any case.

What is not valid though is to use remote RX or TRX and not declare its use.

It was really noticeable this past WPX CW. There was this Deca-Watt Russian
station that at certain times started showing pretty interesting delays when
replying to callers for long periods of time when the band was closing to
certain areas.

73,

Martin LU5DX

⁣Enviado desde BlueMail ​