Re: [CQ-Contest] Are beams needed for competitive contesting from the Ca

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Are beams needed for competitive contesting from the Caribb
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:34:13 -0400
Unless you are right on the beach, beams are necessary to be competitive.
They do not need to be massive or extremely high, especially with a sloping
terrain. If you're concerned about appearance a tribander can be set up
temporarily just for contests. I have done this many times from a number of
countries in the Caribbean.

John KK9A