Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 07:23:46 -0600
Trent,

I believe they should be combined.  That said...

There are 2 main reasons SO beats SOA:

1. Most ops don't know how to efficiently operate SOA. I believe it was K3WW who coined the term, "single op distracted." He was absolutely correct in that most ops get distracted by new mults and chase them into massive pileups, when they should be running, diminishing the point rate.

2. Most of the better ops and bigger stations prefer the "purity" of SO, ergo, the comparison is not apples and apples.

Barry W2UP

P.S.  It would have been helpful if you provided a link to the data.