Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth
From: MARK BAILEY <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 22:24:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Holger:

In the contests with Single Operator categories, a Single Operator can't use
information from other operators, computers (e.g. skimmer), the packet cluster,
and the RBN to increase their score.  That someone has created the packet
clusters and RBN offers me no advantage, as an unassisted operator, over anyone
else - and I have no control over what other operators and computers do.

Everyone, whether operating as a Single Operator, Unlimited/Assisted, or
Multi-Operator, gets the same "advantage" you cite.  Only Unlimited/Assisted or
Multi-Operator categories (in contests that have Single Operator categories)
can USE such information to improve their scores however - and that is also a
big advantage.

You have the option of operating Unlimited/Assisted in at least most of those
contests that still have Single Operator categories if you don't want to
compete with Single Operators because of the perceived assistance they receive.

Given that there are now Unlimited/Assisted categories in most contests that
still have single operator categories, why do you want to eliminate the single
operator categories?

73,

Mark, KD4D