Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 08:56:07 -0400

?Hmm. I do know that 2 towers, filtering, 2 radios and 2 amps is double the
cost... And for most the barrier isn't skill, it's cost.?  N2RJ

Why stop there?  1 competitive radio with a competitive tower and antennas
and the land to put it on with a relatively low noise floor can be a BIGGER
cost impediment than adding a second radio and tower to an already
competitive location.

To be competitive in this sport, you need a very good to great location that
can support at least a big tower/antennas with a relatively low noise floor
? SO1R/SO2R/SOXR/ Assisited/Unassited/MS/M2/MM it doesn?t matter.  It?s the
cost of entry at the competitive level.  To then say adding SO2R is somehow
the cost barrier is naïve.

Ed  N1UR

PS ? I literally picked my homesite with competitive radio contesting in
mind.  One, 2, or 3 towers after that was about time and maintenance hassle,
not about money.