[CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday!

To: nccc-blue@contesting.com, Alan Dewey via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday!
From: Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:17:23 -0400
Our OhQP activity whip W8CAR has been warning you that the OhQP is tomorrow
(Saturday), noon to midnight EDT. I wanted to offer a suggestion for checking
on conditions to Ohio - the Reverse Beacon Net. The OhQP specifically allows
RBN, as well as normal spotting networks, for everybody. (Self-spotting is
still prohibited).

There are three RBN nodes in northeast Ohio, W8WTS, W8WWV, and KQ8M, as well as
K8ND near Columbus in central Ohio. Even if you’re not hearing stuff on the
higher bands, try a few CQs (*.045 is the suggested OhQP CW frequency) to see
if you are being heard by those skimmers. If so, try some CQs, and/or let the
Ohio folks know the higher bands are open.

They may well be open. Last night, in the NCCC NS Sprint, 15 meters (as well as
20) was quite open from Ohio at 0230z. If conditions hold (fingers being kept
crossed) we all can have a lot of fun on bands we never expected to be open.

I’ll be out mobile from 25+ counties in eastern Ohio. I hope to work you early,
and work you often!

Full OhQP info at www.ohqp.org <http://www.ohqp.org/>

73  -   Jim   K8MR