Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"

To: "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:59:21 -0400
"... I routinely "update" my exchange from the last contest, just to confound
those who use "pre-loaded" data file crutches ..."

"... I’ve been meaning to change things up anyway, just to keep them on their
toes..."

These practices were part of a discussion at Contest University in Dayton a few
years ago.  IIRC, this raised a question of ethics when the purpose was as
stated above.

In any case, be aware that you are setting yourself up for a lot of fill
requests from operators who are "on their toes" to confirm what they're hearing
 that's at odds with the call history info.

Ted W4NZ