Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "It's just to save on typing"
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:28:41 -0600
I can see both sides of this argument.  While it seems dirty to use data collected by others, many do this with Super Check partial right?  Many countries publish callsign data so that makes it different.

Who is using the SS data?  Is it your top 10 contenders or is it people just trying to have fun that may not copy code all that well that want a bit of a crutch?  Does it matter?

If you want to change your check than I am all for it.  This probably does not affect the serious competitors in the standings and the participants probably don't care about busts anyway.  I see tons of bust even recently where people think I am still in a state where I am not and have not operated SS from in years.

Just operate and have fun!

W0MU