[CQ-Contest] WPX misquotes CQWW Rules - not intentionally, I'm sure

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX misquotes CQWW Rules - not intentionally, I'm sure
From: DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <kr2q@optimum.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
I hate to get into the fray, but Terry said:
As an example, the  CQWW contest has always had a rule that the exchange
includes the zone, yet for many years the directors of the CQWW
did not penalize operators for incorrectly reporting the exchange.
Indeed, one of the former directors published an article in CQ Contest
magazine saying that the exchange would not be checked! Yet, in recent years
the exchange has been checked and operators penalized for incorrectly
recording the exchange.
Sorry, but CQWW starting just hours, I want to clarify this.  There is not "penalty" for a
busted exchange.   The Qso is simply removed.
This may be "technical," but guys love the details.
de Doug KR2Q
RULES from CQWW:
E. Log Checking: All logs are checked using custom software and human judgment.
    Duplicate contacts are removed with no additional penalty.
Contacts with an incorrectly received exchange are removed with no additional penalty.