Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?

To: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?
From: "Alan M. Eshleman" <doctore@well.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 16:15:04 -0800 (PST)
Sounds good, but...why is the starting time for us West Coasters either 1 pm or
2 pm (local depending on which weekend DST changes)?  The East Coast is going
dark and cleaning up on 40 and 80 while we're in sun for another few hours.
The East Coast gets to watch college football,  Mostly, we don't.  OTOH, the
East Coast operates until 10 pm on what is a work or school night for many.
Can someone explain how this time was chosen ("tradition" doesn't count).

73.

Alan/K6SRZ