Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?
From: "Richard F. DiDonna" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 07:59:20 -0500
When I was throwing out ideas on improving QSO totals and activity level, I floated three ideas - all of which involved granting a second QSO.  I've re-thought the high band v. low band split and now believe that it may not solve the matter in that a large number of hams cannot realistically work other hams within their skip zone. For hams in the northeast and north central (SMC land), that means a significant penalty.

I'd still be inclined to allow for two QSOs on any two bands.  80 and 20, 80 and 40, 20 and 15.  In order to ensure a "democratized" landscape, I'd want to make sure that hams couldn't simply "move" every contact to the second band.  I'd require at least a 10 minute gap between QSOs on different bands.

The other option is to allow a second QSO, but in the second half of the contest - one in the first 15 hours and one in the second 15 hours.  That may affect off time strategy, but I doubt by a lot.

73 Rich NN3W