Re: [CQ-Contest] SS and CW contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS and CW contesting
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:50:43 -0800
On 11/9/2017 12:57 PM, Ria Jairam wrote:
Back then, you used what, a bug? And you had dupe sheets rather than
N1MM+ or Win-Test.

Yep.

And yes, slowing down is a good thing. Few of the high scorers work above 30 wpm, especially on Sunday. I know a lot of hams who give up on SS before even sitting down because they don't feel comfortable with the CW speed and the long exchange.

Rather than a rules change, I'll repeat my recommendation of trading stations for the second day. Not only does it make Sunday a lot more fun for everyone, it also gives the opportunity to see how other ops have set up their stations, try out their gear, and get to know each other better. Each time I've done it, I've learned something or gotten new ideas or both. Part of the trading process involves each op visiting the other's station for an hour or two during the week before the contest.

73, Jim K9YC