Re: [CQ-Contest] SS and CW contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS and CW contesting
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:39:39 +0000
 Although I had limited time available last weekend, I heard a lot of empty
spaces in the bands. Activity did seem to be down and the claimed results seem
to support that at least with local scores.

I have no idea if this can be measured or proven, bit I am of the opinion that
contesters have the ability to "clean out" the band like never before. Computer
duping, better receivers, better antennas all contribute. SO2R has had a major
impact in our ability to find and work everyone that gets on.

And as someone else pointed out, it's never been easier to submit a log.

Therefore the decline in North American CW Contest activity might be
masked.....in the short term..... by technological improvements.

73 Steve K0SR