Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting Youth In Ham Radio (was Digest)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting Youth In Ham Radio (was Digest)
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:18:31 -0800
I beg to differ. Those you describe below are the exception, as were the techies in my generation. Yes, there are certainly those you describe, but the great masses of younger people have no clue about anything technical, nor even about anything of substance!  Yes, they're good at using their smart phones (and before that, computers) to do non-technical things. One big thing that has changed is that my generation learned a lot more about history, geography, and civics than our education system currently teaches.

In short, I don't think much has changed in regard to their capabilities in the realm of science. The sharper folks in my generation put us in space, those in younger generations will take the world to places we have not even conceived.

73, Jim K9YC