Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting Youth In Ham Radio (was Digest)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting Youth In Ham Radio (was Digest)
From: MARK BAILEY <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 10:26:11 -0500 (EST)
Hi Ward:

Clearly, our game is going to become more connected and real-time.  I see no
reason, however, that this new world cannot co-exist with the traditional
single operator categories (WRTC-like for instance).  What I would like to see
considered is making sure that the new world doesn't require everyone to be
connected and integrated - interoperate with a game where the "radio" people
can play.

I was particularly struck by, and disagree with, the following:

"So everybody has to be
connected - so what - make a new CWAC overlay to CQ WW called the
Internet WW and run everybody's totals there.  If a QSO isn't validated
because the station isn't online, give it one point or something."

I think this new game, which is very rapidly taking over the Assisted and
Multi-operator categories, can easily coexist with the traditional single
operator game that some of us still enjoy playing!  :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D