Re: [CQ-Contest] Will the next solar cycles be weaker than current Solar

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Will the next solar cycles be weaker than current Solar Cycle 24?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:28:10 -0700

Hi, Bob.  Great post.

I regularly check out a web site called ventusky.com, which shows incredibly complex rain, wind, and storm surge patterns for the entire world.   It displays forecasts by the hour out as far as ten days, and I am constantly amazed at how accurate it is.  You can click the button for ten days in the future, and then watch a storm develop over the next ten days almost identical to the prediction. The power of that computing, and the science that developed the models that feed it, almost scares the crap out of me.  Some day we will have that for sunspot cycles, and in spite of what VE5RA thinks we're getting closer to having it for generalized long term global weather predictions.

73,
Dave  AB7E