[RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

To: NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY
From: "Ken K6MR" <k6mr@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 04:23:53 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Well we were back to almost a dozen reporting stations last week, with many of our regulars back in the saddle. Our new station of the week is K6GHA. Don is a NCCC regular in lots of contests, and based on his comments he's getting the Sprint bug again and needed a bit of practice. Welcome Don, and don't be a stranger.

Given the time of the year I guess the rather limited contest schedule this weekend is to be expected. Just a few cw tests if you happen to have some free time in between your holiday prep duties.

But don't forget that the RTTY Roundup is just over two weeks away. So if you haven't been on RTTY for a while or need to confirm that all the diddle machines in the shack are working, please join us Thursday evening and check it all out.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:

Friday,  22 Dec 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 21 Dec 2017 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at https://contestonlinescore.com . Set up your logger to report and select the NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores. The Help menu pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging programs.

Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR