Re: [CQ-Contest] W7EJ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W7EJ
From: "Larry K7SV" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:15:05 -0500
Jim was a great friend,

In the mid 70s when the Coast Guard brought my family to the Portland area, Jim
and George W7MB (SK) went out of their way to make me feel invited to the
Willamette Valley DX Club meetings. They became close friends and we had a lot
of fun doing field day in the hills above Portland, chasing DX and working
contests.  I have a picture of several of us pushing up an aluminum tower with
a tri-bander on it at FD.  I was always so happy to hear Jim having so much fun
and doing so well from CN2R. He’s another one who will be sorely missed on and
off the air.

73 de Lar K7SV