Re: [CQ-Contest] Win TEN fails to reactivate second monitor after Creato

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Win TEN fails to reactivate second monitor after Creator Edition Update
From: Mike Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 10:00:59 -0800 (PST)
I had a similar issue with my 3 station logging computers, which each use dual
monitors. Turns out that my video cards are older ones and W10 decided that
instead of using the drivers it was using from ATI (the dual monitor video card
manufacturer), it would revert them back to the Default Windows drivers. I lost
the second monitor capability, and the first monitor went to standard VGA
resolution. Of course this happened in the middle of the last CW contest, even
though I thought I had updated everything the day before. The moral, leave the
computers on for SEVERAL days before a major test, not just one!

73;
Mike
W7VO