[CQ-Contest] Rules that restrict operating contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules that restrict operating contests
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:57:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I feel two rules that will restrict stations from entering contests are unfair
to operators without newer gear and all the support that well healed contesters
 have are:

1. The requirement to record an entire contest using stereo to record both
sides. That Scottish entry did not enter with the idea of anything but a "for
fun" entry.

2. That each QSO show the exact frequency rather than just the band. using
older gear often does not provide for PC control to this extent.  I feel that
every contestant should use PC's but adding exact frequency  as part of the log
checking sure will discourage entries. Log checking needs everyone who made
even a few QSO's to send in a check log. I feel there is a potential to run
hams with older gear away.

Please remember many are not as up to date as those on this reflector.  let's
make contesting fun again for ALL.

73 Dave K4JRB
Retired CQ 160 Contests Director