[RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

To: NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY
From: "Ken K6MR" <k6mr@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 03:05:10 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Regarding 3Y0Z, it looks like we are probably still ok with our spots on the band this week. But if a miracle happens and they are active Thursday evening, be prepared to move up the band as needed. Most of us recognize the regular participants, so I don't think it will be too difficult to find each other.

I trust a few of you were able to jump into the BARTG Sprint this last weekend. I noted quite a few NS regulars in the 3830 list. K4GMH has a great score in the Expert HP class and looks to be the top NA station!

Besides the CW Sprint, the XE RTTY test is this weekend, so some activity using diddles. You've probably got everything still setup from last weekend, but if you want to make sure it all still works please join us Thursday evening for our usual dip into the sprint pool.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:

Friday,  5 Feb 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 4 Feb 2018 in NA)

-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge (unless 3Y0Z is lurking!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

For something new (and exciting?), give the live scoreboard a try at https://contestonlinescore.com . Set up your logger to report and select the NCCC NA RTTY SPRINT on the web page to display the scores. The Help menu pulldown will give you the info needed to setup the most common logging programs.

Don’t forget to report your score to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR