Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:32:21 -0800
The problem all this doesn’t address is the little pistol (there are many of
us) who are just out to push themselves and improve their skills, but somehow
manage to place very well.
It actually happens all the time, you send in a log for a contest, then six
months or a year later a certificate arrives saying you won! The big reason is
a lack of other entries in the same category. If I were to be told I couldn’t
be listed because I hadn’t planned ahead, canvassed all other contesters that
might have been in the event, realized they weren’t going to participate and
only then set up to record my activity, then I wouldn’t be happy either.

I realize that the whole point is to reduce cheating, but please don’t, as a
byproduct, eliminate those of us who just happen to be participating for our
own very valid reasons (such as practice)…

Jack, W6FB