Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: "Richard F. DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:34:36 -0500
I think this is a fantastic idea.

It would also eliminate category swapping. You know, someone sees they
could win a plaque by entering their M/2 effort as M/M, or their SO as
SOA. Technically category swapping is against the rules but it may be
unethical, and certainly annoys people.

As far as recording goes, there has to be an easy and CHEAP way to do
this. Don't the new icom radios come with SD card capability?

On another note I think some leeway could be given to the "one time
fluke" operator. If someone scores top 5 on their first try then they
could get a pass that year and not DQed for lack of a recording. Call
it the beginner's luck rule. Next year? It's not going to fly.  THAT
SAID - it doesn't apply to Scott because he's a seasoned high scoring
contester, as we all know. I think that Scott should have recorded,
whether he had intention of placing in the top 5 or not.

73
Ria, N2RJ

Ria
N2RJ