Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB: ARRL DX Contest: Rule 6.1

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB: ARRL DX Contest: Rule 6.1
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 11:25:19 -0500
I am assuming that 4U1WB has to operate from the World Bank. There is
probably limited antenna space and a high noise level. Still it's probably
fun to operate with that callsign and I see nothing wrong or unfair about
doing so. Like most of us, Masa has no chance of beating a station in PEI
so indeed contesting in general is unfair. We all know this and operate
because we enjoy it.

John KK9A

From: N1UR
Date:   Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:27:45

Masa, Why don't you just get a W3 call sign and avoid this mess?  You will
never be competitive in ARRL DX having to explain who you are.  I am sure
that many DX stations would be very happy to work a W3 from DC.

As to WPX, a 4U1 callsign is clearly an advantage in a Prefix contest.  It
does  not seem fair to me that a 4U1 can compete equally with a W1 in the
WPX contest.

Ed  N1UR