[CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:32:49 -0400
Wouldn't a DX contest be really fun if you could only work a DX station only
once and not on multiple bands? NOT!!! That pretty much sums up what I think
about the current Sweepstakes rules.
I'm not sure why anyone would have a contest that allows you to work multiple
bands that the rules allow only one contact. Maybe way back in the  the early
1900's when SS started there was some advantage to this but it's antiquated in
today's contesting world. We have all this technology and we still have a rule
that's 80 years old?? Come on ARRL and get with the program.  Let everyone work
everyone on every band and enjoy Rate Rate Rate!!!
Jeff KU8E

Jeff ClarkeInformation Technology Professional Ellerslie, Georgia
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-clarke-ga