Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 13:26:23 -0600

On 03/18/2018 11:16 AM, w2lc@twcny.rr.com wrote:
From WNY you cannot work much of anything within 500 miles on 20, 15 or 10
unless there is sporadic E. In other words on 20m I cannot work W1, W2, W3,
northern W4, W8 and most of W9.  That is a lot of stations I miss out on when
on 20m.  I have to work those stations on 40m early and 80m during the night.
And without sunspots even 80m goes long and I can't work close in there either.

After my high school and college days in Syracuse and Buffalo, and now years out west, I have come the the conclusion that central and western NY is the worst place in the USA or Canada (except maybe KL7 and VE8) for SS for the reasons you state.

73,
Steve