[CQ-Contest] Slow speed CW in contests

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Slow speed CW in contests
From: Mark <markzl3ab@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:55:36 +1300
Since we are on this topic (in the SS thread) and I am sure the Oceania
Contest committee won't  mind me letting the cat out of the bag, I thought
I would add they are going to promote slow speed CW in a part of each band
in the upcoming Oceania CW contest on 13-14 October.  The basic idea is to
encourage calling CQ at (I think) less than 20wpm in that section and
callers should respond to the CQ at the same speed.  This is to encourage
newcomers to have a go without being intimidated by the speed merchants.
While it won't be policed it is hoped people will enter into the spirit of
it.  This would be a good chance for newbies to work a bit of DX as well.

So if you are helping people get into CW contesting this might be something
for them to aim for and/or you could get on there and call CQ yourself.

73
Mark ZL3AB