Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates for ARRL DX - a great motivator for new co

To: CQ contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates for ARRL DX - a great motivator for new contesters
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 15:15:59 +0000
My $0.02: I'd like to see the Cabrillo "certificate" field adopted and honored,
with the default being to send the certificate.

I'll admit that I was amused to get two certificates in the mail for last
year's ARRL DX CW:  my semi-serious effort from home apparently won my tiny
class, and the 90 minutes I spent Sunday afternoon operating a remote station
in KP4 (because I was getting bored) also apparently won a different tiny
class.

I can see new or casual operators getting a kick out of them...and if they were
delivered a week or two before the next running, they make good
advertising/reminders.

But for more serious/consistent contesters who may have large collections of
certificates, or for those of us who strive for paperlessness, the ability to
opt out (or to get a pdf) would be nice.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org