Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Certificates
From: "Dennis Younker NE6I" <NE6I@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 17:11:02 -0700
This is an interesting topic. I too found paper certs/awards in the mail to be
a high motivator in my early hamming days. And I still do. The younger folks in
our midst may not. Many of them are very digital. Or they just MIGHT! A paper
award is very much out of the ordinary for them.

I agree with Dave that this seems backwards.

If nothing else, perhaps some of our contest clubs around the country should
get involved in sponsoring paper awards in the Rookie Roundup.

--Dennis NE6I