Re: [CQ-Contest] ergonomic chair for improving BIC time

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ergonomic chair for improving BIC time
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 06:54:29 -0500
For me, apparently a contrarian, a sturdy straight back chair with no arms and a soft "butt cushion" is ideal. I need to maintain a straight back with my chest close to the desk, in order to reduce distance to the radios (SO2R) knobs as there is constant movement during a contest. Also, I use a DX-Doubler unit and like to switch the audio streams manually with my left hand. Yes, I know that the N2IC gurus do this with keys on the keyboards, but my poor typing skills prohibit me from that. So my ideal chair is extremely simple. To illustrate how simple it is (and apparently how simple I am) my current chair is an old library carrel chair from the University of Texas research library, a chair I got from an offer from UT that such chairs were available.

Heading back into my luddite cave now,

73, Jim N3BB