Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying
From: Bill via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:54:31 -0400
Come on Bob, being in Al or FL is an advantage to work JA and VK, true.
However, no way can it make up for the multitude of countries and QSOs that are
available  in EU, especially on 160 and 80.  I'm only 4000 miles from JA out
here in KH6, and would gladly exchange the NY EU runs for my much slower JA,
BY, YB, HS runs from KH6.  The quantity is just not there, even with my
outstanding location.

You forgot one other thing too.  Being in AL or FL means that we get almost one
hour less darkness at the end of Oct and Nov to get all those 40, 80 and 160
mults and countries.  Even the ARRL DX contests have that issue.  The only time
AL, FL have equal darkness is for WPX SSB.  And no, the extra hour of light is
not a big deal for AL/FL on 10, 15 or 20 especially at this point of the cycle.

I once had a big time contester come down from NY to do a multi-single.  He
listened on 80 and wanted to know when the signals got better/stronger.  I
broke the news to him.  That was a strong as they got.  He was quite
disappointed.  End of story.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

.  The same way that being in Alabama should provide a BIG advantage vs. New
England to working Japan, Southeast Asia, UA9/0 and the Pacific even though
there are not as many stations to work.I’m sure that 100 miles North or South
makes a big difference on some DX paths in Alabama too but that it is less
noticeable until that 100 miles gives you a nice water path somewhere and then
you will REALLY notice the difference.

om/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest