[CQ-Contest] AB5K SK

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] AB5K SK
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:59:10 -0500
It is with regret that I report that Terry Gerdes, AB5K, became a silent
key yesterday, apparently a heart attack,  He had just moved to Belize and
had just gotten married this weekend.  I received a text and email from
friends in the Fayetteville area.

Terry lived in Fayetteville, AR at one time many years ago.  I met him when
I was 16 and he was about 21 at the University of Arkansas.  I did not know
Terry that well, but had the pleasure of taking a day trip with him to
Northern Missouri to view the total eclipse of the sun in August of last
year.

Others who were good friends with Terry will write something appropriate
about him and his accomplishments.  I can say that Terry was a nice,
unassuming man.  He was brilliant and contributed a lot to this hobby and
contesting.

Stan, K5GO/ZF9CW