Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Speed..

To: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Speed..
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 09:18:25 -0500
Hey Sean,

Not much different from 6m, except the "burns" are longer.   Meteors are
falling all the time.  Of course, during the showers, many more pings.

Power is your friend.   So is a directional antenna.  Certainly not
impossible with 100w, but more challenging.

Just Google   "Meteor Scatter on 10m"   There are a ton of articles of
people that do it.

It is a mode for patient people.   The good thing about 10 is that the
burns are typically long enough to complete a QSO.   On 6, they are
shorter.  On 2m, very challenging.

73,

Gerry W1VE