[CQ-Contest] K0OU Silent Key

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K0OU Silent Key
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 21:26:39 +0000
Friends,

I am very sad to announce the passing of fellow contester Steve Lufcy, K0OU.
Steve passed away quietly on Saturday after a battle with cancer.

Steve was an active member of the Kansas City Contest Club, and many of you
will remember his cheery voice on SSB contests.  He was also an excellent CW
op.  Some of you may remember Steve as KM0L.  Steve was the organizing force
for Field Day at his local club in Raytown, MO for many years, and he later
brought that FD spirit to KCCC.  He was a frequent MO and Midwest Division
winner in many contests, and even in his last year with us, Steve made an
appearance in most major contests.

We will all miss Steve.  In honor of his memory, KCCC members hope to work many
of you in the upcoming NAQP CW and SSB contests using the name Steve.

73,
Drew K3PA