Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SSB Etiquette

To: donovanf@starpower.net, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SSB Etiquette
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 10:13:30 -0500
Back in the good old days when the solar peak was here and I had the 10 mtr 4 hi 7 el stack up, I would run into the same scenario... a Euro would tell me that there was another stateside on my freq... I would ask who it was and normally I would keep on running if I was not having any trouble. Except in one contest that happened and the other station happened to be KC1XX.... I moved! Freq fights are never good but sometimes un-avoidable.... part of contesting! 73's Cort K4WI

donovanf@starpower.net <mailto:donovanf@starpower.net>
Saturday, March 30, 2019 8:55 PM
I'm always one of the W3AO 20 meter SSB Field day operators. There's
so much Field Day SSB activity that its impossible to avoid at least two
simultaneous CQing stations on the same frequency. Skip zones make it
quite workable except that there's often some confusion about which
CQing station the callers are actually responding to

73
Frank
W3LPL