Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 11:20:30 -0600
OK, I stand corrected.  CW decoders are prohibited in CQWW single op.

Barry W2UP

On 5/4/2019 6:50 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
W2UP writes:
CW decoders are strictly prohibited in the majors.
I don't know of a single contest that bans CW decoders.

In many contests (e.g. CQ WW and CQ WPX), using a CW decoder is allowed and
will put you in the assisted category.

In ARRL contests, using a single-channel CW decoder is allowed and will not
put you in assisted/unlimited category. Using a multi-channel CW decoder is
allowed and will put you in assisted/unlimited category.

Tim N3QE