Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 22:28:48 -0300
Sorry, but you?re wrong Hans.  Even if you use a call history file, there is
no way for me to ?know? (unless I am psychic) where anyone in the USA is
because their callsigns are not tagged to a State(zone), like in Canada. ie:
If you hear VE9AA , you know I am not in British Columbia.

(and even if I knew N2IC (for example) was always in NM, I?d sometimes be
wrong (He?s operated from W1 recently)

(just one example)

?copy what is sent?

There are other countries like the USA which have multiple zones also.

Mike VE9AA

In CQWW, once you have the call sign (by skimmer or otherwise), you don?t
need

to copy a darn thing.  N1MM already ?knows? the exchange for you.

73, de Hans, KØHB

?Just a Boy and his Radio?

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB